Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:02 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

To the rest of the crew on a recent layover, but mostly my captain.

Captain and I were to DH a short leg later in the day and while on the van I asked him if he had reserved his seat for the DH leg yet. He replied something to the effect of "nope, I plan to just take the JS so the company can get an extra revenue pax aboard". After I choked down my bile, I mentioned that by doing so, he might be depriving a commuter of their ride to/from work. I didn't even bother mentioning how he was eroding hard won benefits in the contract or kow-towing to the company during section 6 negotiations since he's a through and through kool-aid drinker. He didn't seem overly concerned, and all the cat ranchers got on board praising what a good guy he was. Fortunately there were empty seats anyway and he ended up sitting in his contract approved seat. I guess in order to seal his tooldom and make up for not riding the jumpseat, after I had a fairly nice landing he proceeded to critique my landing technique for the entire taxi back to the ramp. I didn't believe we had guys like this when I flew with all the cool NYC captains, but ATL has really opened my eyes to why so many people (rightfully) think we're a group of such complete DBs.