Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:49 PM
GuardBummer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
Man at that rate you will be able to upgrade in about 18 years!

For the record that's 16 upgrades in 6 months total time and that includes projections for busy summer flying. 16 is exactly 1/2 of 1 percent of our seniority list. It is obviously not always like this but it's not "awesome".

Everyone has their own reasons for being here and I respect those reasons but upgrade shouldn't be one of them. I enjoy working here and I live in base(the biggest reason, its a life changer in this business) but if I was a commuter and had multiple offers, or a new hire within the last 1-2 years I would be seriously considering alternatives.

Guys hired 5 years ago vs today will have very different careers at JB. It's even more pronounced the further back you go. It's like an inverse exponential graph due to us being such a young company with such a young pilot group.

15 years ago - phenomenal seniority
10 years ago - pretty damn good outside of the country club bases
5 years ago - quick upgrade but perpetual bottom 80% CA
3 years ago - last of the quick upgrade but looking at years and years of rsv as senior guys upgrade on top of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. My "awesome" was more or less a reaction of the schedule improvement short term as opposed to upgrade potential. I have a crummy commute (cant relocate because the Mil 'side job' is too lucrative), and honestly prefer QOL over captain pay.