View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Jenkins1
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
That is your problem right there, no one has any more knowledge of this possibility than you have already read on here. Are you going to let random opinions sway your decision about where to work? If you are trying to make decisions based on rumors of 9E getting more CRJ's in the future I wouldn't even consider it in your decision. No one knows, not even Delta or 9E management at this point. Delta likes the control they have over 9E, they like the performance numbers of 9E and they want to move more flying to 9E - this is all public information. They also like to have the ability to whipsaw, they like the ability to be able to move flying around at will in case of a strike or some other situation. There is a tremendous amount of instability and luck in this industry, they could announce tomorrow that they are moving all CRJ flying to 9E and things could change so quickly that 9E could be out of business in a year. You just never know. That is my opinion.
I certainly wouldn't let random opinions sway my decision but I am interested in gathering more information on the topic. I definitely agree that the airlines (especially regionals) are risky for any pilot to jump on board, with the exception of a few. It's all really just a big gamble. But, of course, this aspect isn't unique to aviation. I just wish us pilots had more control over our near-term success in the industry.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk