Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 05:28 PM
MitchRapp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond View Post
Just a reminder to all of the captains...

You have given up absolutely nothing for this. Your FOs have. They are scrounging to get by in life, and $20,000 has been taken from them. That $20,000 is a lot of money when you are only making $24k a year.

No captain should be celebrating. You have not earned the right with this battle. Once you actually give something up, you can celebrate.

If any FO has to buy their own dinner or beverage of choice without a captain offering to pay for it, shame on you. All of the FOs that I know are celebrating this, and think that it will be good for all employees. They have the right. They have given something up. Captains have not.

If I hear one more idiot on DC's Facebook group congratulate themselves even though they have given nothing up, I am going to call pro-standards and say that they were touching me inappropriately.
Wait a minute... If we go out to dinner I have to pay for your meal and your alcohol? I spent 8 years on FO pay and not one time did I ever expect anyone to pay for anything of mine. Good grief. Who the hell do you think you are? I'd venture a guess that more than half of the Captains on the seniority list spent more time in the right seat than you have in this industry.