Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Tom a Hawk
What’s it doing now?

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA

Originally Posted by Wolfbayne View Post
Question for FO's in the 2-4 year range. I'm a 15 yr CA with a Regional hoping to punch out to JB. Trying to figure out pay comparisons and how long to catch up. My $97 per hour roughly equates to $97K per year. How does that compare to JB. Can that $87 2nd year FO A320 per hour be turned into much more than the standard $87k per year rough comparison? I know there are more ways to make extra at larger airlines than at the Regionals. So, how much can I expect to make in the 2 to 4 year range?
So turning 97 an hour into 97k means 83 hours a month. Easily doable with a line on either airplane at JB. I am a slacker most months and drop but when it works for the family I'll turn up the wick for a month and I averaged 80 credit for last year on the 190. The bus would be easier to credit more, it has more deadheads and soft time or so I'm told. If you live in base and are proactive about the times when premium is available (Reserve augmentation or voluntary day off assignments) then you could push to 100 consistently. this is all after you have a line. Don't expect to break guarantee on reserve very often.