View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:34 AM
OpenClimb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by OpenClimb View Post
I ordered one of these Timbuktu bags. Should be here on Saturday. I didn't need a huge bag, but just a little more space for my electronics. I'm looking forward to moving the iPad, MacBook, USB charging station, and all the associated charging cables OUT of my roller bag. It's pretty amazing how much wire all this electronic stuff takes! Still better than 30# worth of Jepps! I'm hoping the bag looks professional and is of adequate size. The pictures looked great, but sometimes it's tough to tell.
Figured I'd give a PIREP since I've been using this bag for almost 3 months now...

The original post with a link is on page 4 of this thread.

Short story is that I love it. Room for a water bottle, sunglasses, headset, iPad, MacBook, flashlight, keys, etc. I think it looks professional in that it's not backpack-ish, it's black, and it fits nicely on my roller handle. As someone mentioned, I really need to cut the Velcro strip off the roller handle pocket because it frequently gets in the way when sliding the bag over the handle. Other than that... Perfect.

I set it next to my seat where a traditional flight bag normally sits. Gives me easy access to everything I need.