Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Slick111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by IceManCRJ View Post
The difference is I don't deny you bc it didn't include me.
I don't think the union rejected this latest offer because they wanted to "deny" anything to any portion of the members. They rejected the offer because union realizes that (a) the playing field is now significantly tilted in our favor, (b) the company is on the ropes, and (c) that the company will likely come back (in short order) with a better offer - one that benefits all (or the majority) of our members.

Why do you think that the company came to us with an unsolicited offer to pay f/o's more money? Because they felt sorry for their hard-working, loyal, yet underpaid First Officers?!?!? Hell no! They did it because the company believes it would benefit THE COMPANY!!!

I voted against the last LOA, increasing the flow x 1, because I believed that the company needed to help themselves and was willing to offer more if we made them offer more. And the subsequent signing bonuses and latest unsolicited offer suggest that I was right. That LOA was agreed to, pushed, and passed by a different MEC who apparently believes that we should take whatever free scraps the company is willing to throw at us simply because they don't cost us anything. What they failed to see (or willfully ignored) is that the company needed to help THEMSELVES and they were willing to give us more,.... if we forced them to give us more.

In business, you never accept someone's first offer. Why did we accept the companies first offer last time? I'll let you answer that question your own way.

If the new MEC believed that the company was not willing or able to offer us something more substantial than limited bonuses for ONLY f/o's, I believe the MEC would have taken the company's latest offer. But clearly this MEC has learned from the mistakes of the previous MEC(s) and is holding out for a better deal - one that benefits all of us. We just have to be patient and let them play AAG's game.