View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 AM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lennon
How much of a morale boost could be realized by simply building decent pairings?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to travel to NYC, be productive, and get the hell out with minimal time in the pad.

It's increasingly difficult to do that with the pairings that are being built. Our airplanes are the most productive in the industry and yet we are not.

Why?

Ditto. Unless you are in the top 10% at JFK and LGB, or the top 30% in FLL it ain't gonna happen. Kevin Kelly builds the pairngs and thus the man responsible. Now, I also blame Dave Bushy. I have no doubt that he has but all kinds of restriction on the builidng of pairings. All in an effort to save $$$$. From the pairngs here is what I see:

1. Eliminate the 13:30 trips to not have to pay the rig. Even at the expense of making unproductive trips.

2. Reduce the number of 3/4/5 day trips to elimnate the number of hotel rooms needed (saving $$$$),

3. Reduce the number of 3/4/5 day trips to reduce the perdiem by not paying another for another rest period. Let us sleep in the crash pad on our own dime and no perdiem. (saving $$$$)

4. Maximize overnights in those cities that have the cheapest hotels.

5. Don't go over the contracted number of rooms in our hotels, or don't require the need for new contracts at increased cost.

All of these save money, but they sacrifice our quality of life. If you live where you are based (like most of FLL) it doesn't hurt much. But at JFK and some in LGB, it kills productivity and hurts commuters.

The result is there is no caring in Kevin Kelly and the scheduling committee or they would stand up to Dave Bushy. Hey the the Fight Attedants can ***** and get their 13:30 trips back! Our committee has no balls that I can see. Everyone seems to say wait till the transcon turns. But what if that is not approved?

Kevin Kelly needs to go. He has lost his JB way.... Caring only for himself and FLL....

Dave Bushy needs to go. He never was JB and will never be JB.... He has no caring value at all (unless he is forced to care by D and D. Just like he was forced to keep the leather jackets program that he wanted to get rid of).

Where is the values committee on these issues? Anyone know? I don't mean to slam these guys, but we haven't heard a peep from them on any of this stuff. If they are doing something for us, tell us. Even ALPA tells its members what they are working on.

Just my opinion.

FNG