View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 AM
FlameNSky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by tunes View Post
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know it was your flying..
I forgive your ignorance, but now you know.

On a more serious note, you may want to educate yourself on the history of American Eagle and the hard fought battle that forged the many competing "contractors" into a single carrier that preformed all of AA's regional flying.

Its kind of hard to watch something that you worked and fought for so hard, being farmed out to the cheapest contractor staffed with a generation of people who think the world owes them something for just participating. You may not appreciate that now, but you will. Before your retire you will understand, because the next generation will get to divide up what you have worked so hard for.

I have many friends at Republic. I hate that they have to go through the bankruptcy process, on a personal level. But as a company, as a pilot group, I am glad that they will finally get a taste of the very process that has allowed them to grow and prosper. Corporate greed is great while it benefits you, but when you watch your livelihood get stripped away during a sham bankruptcy due to corporate greed, one often develops a different perspective over who "owns" flying and who has worked and sacrificed hoping for a little stability and reward for loyalty.

It will happen to you, you will understand.