View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:51 AM
WhatNow
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post
The experience of dealing with composites is not equivalent to experience with complete carbon fiber fuselage/pressure vessel capable of lower altitudes of pressurization. The material is the same, the application of the material and the subsequent environment that it creates is drastically different.

I must regretfully step out of this debate. You call my comparisons ridiculous and then proceed to illogically compare and link unrelated items such as the average elevation of a country to the elevation at which the majority of its population lives... You also did not read anything I linked because even BOEING and AIRBUS are actively trying to find ways to reduce condensation building up in long-haul aircraft because of the humidity created inside. The pressure vessel itself in the aircraft is cold. The air inside is warmer than the physical pressure vessel. This causes condensation to build inside the pressure vessel as the flight progresses, even if the air is constantly being replaced. Just like condensation would build on a cold glass of lemonade in a room at room temperature. I've had plastic cups of iced soda collect condensation on the outside of the cup while in cruise.
The level of humidity in a airliner at cruise altitude is virtually zero. Boeing humidifies the 787 to bring the moisture level up making for a more comfortable flight. The are trying to add moisture not reduce it.