Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

deadseal , 03-05-2016 10:36 AM
Banned
deadseal
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2015
  • Position
    systems analyst
Quote: Ok, I need some education on reserve bidding. I must have May 5,6,7,8 off. The April bid period includes May 1. Minimum days on call for my category is 4 days.

If I bid May 1 off in the April bid period, can I bid May 5,6,7,8 off in the May bid period even though there is only a 3 day on call period (May 2,3,4)? Or do I have to have 1 may on call to have that four day on call period. The other side of that is can I have one day on call at the end of April (May 1) or will that be denied because it violates the 4 day min on call period? Hence do I end up with 7 days in a row on call (last 4 of April bid period and first 3 of May bid period)?

Thanks for any help!

Denny
No and yes
No you will not get 5678 off if you bid the 1st as a higher priority. Yes you can have the last days of the month not equal to your min on call because they will give you the requisite on call days to make it legal with the next bid. Example, you have March 30 and 31st as on call. They will force you to have April 1st and 2nd on call. Then you get a spill trip which sucks cause you don't go above reserve guarantee for one month, but don't get bumped into group 2 for the next.