View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
dutch747
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: C-172 FO

Originally Posted by Metering View Post
Hi,

I am interviewing on the 24th in NY and I am in the process of reading this entire thread.
Good luck with the interview, how long did it take from Resume Submit? And whats your pilot time? Any internal recs?(ALL the pilots trying to get hired would like to know this info)

Just a few questions so I know I have up to date information

747 vs 767 - How many hours are people crediting a month? (interested to hear from yr 1 or yr 2 pilots so I can know what to expect to pocket if I get assigned either fleet)
I've been averaging credit wise around 120 a month on the 747, I usually will VX (volunteer) for an extra trip and work around 21 days

Regarding the 767, is it domestic only?
No

Is there any way to ask for the 767? (I think it might be better from a QOL perspective as I live on the east coast and commuting to ANC might prove tedious after the glamour wears off, despite my love affair with the 747)

Thanks!
If you want the 767 you can usually get it. The way it worked last year was pilots who were awarded class dates were asked to put in a standing bid before they showed up, the bids were awarded in order by the last 4 of your SSN (0001 first 9999 last) and the 747 usually went senior. So if the last 4 of your SSN is a low number numerically you will probably have your choice of airplanes////Someone who recently went through the process please correct me if I'm wrong.