View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Sr. Barco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Default Details on JetBlue's ab initio program

From JetBlue yesterday. Here is the direct link to the zero time to right seat program (Cost to pilot is $125,000): Gateway Select ? JetBlue Pilot Gateway Programs

Media coverage: JetBlue Shakes Up Pilot Hiring by Training Them From Scratch - Bloomberg Business

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today, I’m pleased to share that JetBlue’s innovative and accessible pilot training program, Gateway Select, has launched to the public. We first shared our plans with you in September 2015 – when the program was still under development, and called Gateway 7. Since that time, the program team has continued its excellent work and JetBlue is proud to commence with the 2016 application process.

This competency-based training program for prospective pilots reflects ideology and programs that are in use within the U.S. military and among leading international airlines. CAE will be our partner in Gateway Select, helping to develop and deliver the training curriculum. After successful completion of the program, including the FAA's 1,500 flight-hour requirement, pilots will become a new hire E190 FO at JetBlue.

I know that many of you expressed interest in sharing the details of this program with others, be it family members or friends, and I think you’ll find robust information on our new JetBlue Pilot Gateway Programs website, Squarespace - Claim This Domain. You’ll find details on the program, how to apply and FAQs on the various facets of application, process and program requirements.

The new website also holds information on JetBlue’s five other Pilot Gateway Programs. I encourage you to learn about each and share this information with aspiring pilots in your life.