Old 03-10-2016, 03:12 PM
FLYRGolfr
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: 757/767 F/O

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
No way.

Don't get all crazy because you can get groceries delivered in 2 hours now if you have prime.

you're forgetting all the business outside of Amazon that takes place in the cargo industry. Amazon is one income stream.
Thank you. Like I mentioned earlier, I am not well versed on the cargo industry and it is good to hear there are multiple income streams. The way some people have been posting led me to believe that Amazon was going to become a worldwide logistics company that was going to dwarf everyone else. I misunderstood and thought Amazon was attempting to be the next "FedEx".

I re-read some of the articles and saw something I did not notice earlier. It sounds as if Amazon may be entering this venture to supplement its existing avenues of transport. In other words, FedEx and UPS will still transport Amazon volume and ATSG will provide additional lift as opposed to being Amazon's exclusive carrier.

What will be interesting to see is if UPS and FedEx get involved in the online retailer business and attempt to compete with Amazon in that regards. It seems like it would be easier for them to purchase some e-tail business(es) and compete against Amazon than for Amazon to purchase an airline and compete with other shipping companies.