View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 03:52 AM
VTcharter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

They never had a web-site, although they say that they have been "working on it" for a couple of years; just like they are working on getting a Citation. They have a fleet of 402's and 310's, and fly checks, urine samples, film, etc. If you are flying out west, they use the call sign "Char-Tran. (pronounced shartran) I have actually flown in one of their 402's and it wasn't that bad. I had a buddy who flew there when I was flying sightseer's in Page, Arizona, and I would catch a ride to Phoenix with him once in a while. He said that the company was pretty dis-organized and that they made a lot of promises that didn't seem to pan out.

They grounded their fleet of 402's a couple of years back because they all came up on the wing root inspection requirement at about the same time. Petty good foresight there!! They used to have a pretty big operation out of Phoenix, but after that, it seemed like they were just down to a couple of runs. Pay was around 30,000 a year to start, with a slight raise after 90 days. This info is a bit dated as I haven't been around that area for a couple of years.