View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 11:10 PM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

WIA was very well organized and a lot better experience for me than the NGPA. I had two FP's for Delta and Alaska. At NGPA I had a FP for Delta and waiting in line for United for like 8 hours. After the long wait for United, they ended up just bringing us in and taking our resumes. I don't think they anticipated the amount of people that wanted to talk to them.

With my past experience with United, I wasn't sure if I would be able to meet with them and didn't want to repeat my NGPA waiting time at WIA. So I just decided to walk around and talk to the vendors and enjoy the convention.

Had a great time talking with the Delta folks and enjoyed my experience with them this time around way more. The Delta recruiting team seemed more relaxed and less stressed. I am thinking it's because they weren't trying to see so many people in only one day. I hadn't applied at Alaska and didn't know if I really wanted to go there anyways. Delta has always been my #1 and the lack of scope at Alaska scares me (coming from regional hell will let you appreciate how important that is)

I will be returning to WIA next year based on my great experience there this year. Good job WIA organizers!