Thread: CFI
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Boxer94
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016

I can honestly say on my private ride I never even knew what a PTS was ,Young low hour pilot , nervous as can be but it was my fault I should have researched for it or I would assume my flight instructor could have mentioned it as I do to all my students . But any how the examiner had me perform a turning stall something I have never done during training or on my phase check. Gave it my best shot and the examiner said we'll have to do that again . On my commercial single I missed my touchdown point on my power off 180 and asked if I would be allowed to perform it again but the examiner said no second chanches , probably should have went around but finished it the next day

Well in the Cfi oral , the examiners both stated I was merely data dumping and not teaching , and they gave me a 8710 to look over and find mistakes on which Isn't even part of the PTS , and I missed some things on there such as some abbreviations. But anyway took the failure came back and did an 8 hour oral and on the flight I performed a power off stall to commercial standards , and then to private standards for a full break and had a wing drop which throw me out off standards . I explained why it happend and taught through the recovery but the examiner didn't let it slide. He gave me the option to come back and just finish the flight but I elected to go to a different FSDO and take the entire ride over and by far was the best examiner I have ever had for a checkride and that's why I beat myself up over it