View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 02:19 PM
LAXative
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by SimWorld View Post
As a sim instructor at Endeavor, I can tell you that if you try to come prepared by studying other companies procedures, or manuals, you will actually be further behind. If you feel so inclined to study before showing up, I highly recommend studying the FARs or read the Instrument flying handbook. These 2 areas are consistently weak in knowledge for newhires. If you do not have much experience flying glass cockpits, start watching youtube videos of CRJ'S flying so you can start to train your eyes on what to look for. The company lays out the systems that they want you to learn in the order that they present them to you. You will be best prepared for training if you can show up with minimal distractions outside of work. So that means spend as much time with your friends and significant others instead of studying. Once here, apply yourself completely. Stay here on weekends to study. Work in small groups with others from your class. The pilots that are most successful here are the ones that we see sitting in the training center on their days off studying and practicing.
Is it really that hard? I've never spent extra time studying and practicing.