View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:52 AM
STILL GROUNDED
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by cfier View Post
I know there have been a few people that have left and nothing has happened to them. I also know of people that have gone onto places like Continental and it was not an issue. My big thing is that it’s putting a strain on my relationship with my fiancée/wife in October. That’s way more important to me than having to any job. I mean if I have to pay it back it will suck, but it's no where near worth our relationship. Not to mention the other things like crew scheduling, getting paid for things that are supposedly guaranteed in the crew manual, and most of all crappy MX.
Just quit, let the cards fall where they fall. Get the job at PCL first! I am interested how they will feel about it. They own colgan now right? That may be a bigger issue than anything. I flew airmidwest and the only way I could go to the mesa or freedom certificate was to wait until I could hold captain on that equipment. Thank God common sense and the moral high ground kept me from wanting to do that.

You are totaly right about your relationship though. Expect to loose your last check so just quit on the spot. No sense in giving them two weeks that they are going to keep anyway.

Best..

Grounded