View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 09:36 AM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
I an overall sense, your statement sounds like entitlement. Yes, we all went through the years of bull over there, but most of us have brought a "happy to be here" attitude to AA. The culture here is night and day different, and we are generally happy to finally work for the better side of the corporation. However, some of us who've come over have brought their bitter, angry self-entitled "I've worked for this company for (fill in the blank years), and I deserve (blank)" attitudes into the cockpit, and it grates on the captains who these bitter souls have to fly with. And they remember it. And the next time an ex-Eagle pilot shows up in their cockpit, they think "uh oh, I wonder what I'm in for THIS time."

Leave the bitterness behind. Bring a good attitude into the cockpit. Be happy that you are moving on. Regardless of your years at Eagle, you are a newhire here. You and every other newhire alongside you get the base and equipment that you get. Almost everyone that's been hired or flowed into AA has been assigned a base they didn't live in or near. They've made due. They've commuted, lived in a crashpad, etc., until their seniority allowed them to move on. You'll get your base of choice soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy the moment you're in. The crews are generally awesome here, and really make a trip a lot of fun.

I will be happy to be there. I just don't agree with the Eagle pilots getting handed the job on a silver platter part. That is what annoys me when people say things like that. Pretty much all of the current Eagle CA's have paid their dues to have this AA flow deal compared to OTS hires. We accepted flowbacks taking Eagle CA seats, downgrading our own pilots, keeping us in the right seat longer while AA pilots were in our CA seats in exchange for this flow we have now etc etc..

People tend to forget that flowback part and say we are just entitled brats. Eagle pilots paid for it, this wasn't a freebie deal for many Eagle pilots like PSA pilots are getting now. Myself and many others here have flown many flights with an AA flowback pilot in the left seat, which directly harmed our career and income.

I am very happy to have this opportunity now, will take whatever I get and can't wait to be there but it came at a cost to Eagle pilots. It definitely was not free.

Last edited by RyanP; 03-19-2016 at 09:54 AM.