View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 AM
msprj2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by NeverFlexTO View Post
As long as the people in the driver seat at DL as far as pilot hiring is concerned stay in those positions, a flow program will never happen again. Delta wants everyone to go through the same process. If you go to a job fair and have the opportunity to talk to any of the higher ups they will tell you that, they will tell you the flow program for CP and XJ was the worst thing that happened to them as far as pilot hiring is concerned. They took a select few people from NWAirlink carriers that were not DL material and I don't think they want that to happen again. 99% of the people that flowed were great people, but they are looking for a certain candidate right now and want the process to be as standardized as possible.
Ok so who's in the drivers seat at delta? I'm sure they never hired any trouble makers or malcontents off the street. Im also sure all their
ex military pilots are all great sticks. I think that the flow people get a bad
rap because they were flow people (given a job) didn't earn it even though
most had 10+ years as a regional pilot and 8 of those as a captain. We sent over ONE trouble maker on the flow and they're no longer there.

Just as regionals change there hiring standards/minimums so will mainline.
You think every Delta pilot has a four degree? NO.
Times they are a changing.