View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Farva01 View Post
I am looking at potentially exiting the military around November 2017 (end of my current flying orders). I have a board in March 2017 that would keep me in the military if the results are good. Obviously my goal is to start training as I begin terminal leave, but that leaves eight months between board results and exiting, so I would like to put my applications in sooner rather then later.
My question is how does it look to stop the process halfway through, i.e. I start interviewing with an airline but the March results are good and I elect to stay in the military. Would that have repercussions down the line when I do in fact get out of the military and pursue the airlines? When would be a good time to start submitting applications without shooting myself in the foot?
My stats:
2600 TT
2300 PIC
NATOPs instructor
Masters
Talking to a hiring prep consultant- apply apply apply- you're more than competitive as a jet guy for all of the majors. You can turn down interviews and be okay. If you get the job offer and turn that down you've nuked a pretty big bridge.