Old 08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Here is another reason why I am happy we are going to have three year captains. Industry standard FO pay I believe is between 65 and 70 percent of same longevity captain for pay category. For contract 02 a second year FO is about 41 percent of second year captain and it slowly ramps up to normal standard percentages between five and seven years longevity. This is totally unacceptable!

I asked in public in front of many witnesses why we did this to our new hires including why they negotiated no insurance for new hires to our contract 02 negotiating committee chairman at the time and today a manager in Human Resources for Continental Airlines. His answer and I quote "why do I care about pilots who don't work here yet?"

We totally f@$ked over our new hires with contract 02 and they almost double their pay with an upgrade vs a measly pay raise as a 777 FO. So yeah I am very happy for them as we let them down big time!

Hey I'll say this publicly so you can remind me in the future. I came to work here at 21 in 1987 and I have spent almost half my life working for this company. I have (hopefully) at least 18 1/2 years left and I retire number 1 on our list. If we aren't even remotely successful in contract 08 and I mean a contract not with just good pay rates but everything else required of a contract that provides quality of life at home and at work. I will get some more time on the 756 and then the 777 and will seriously try to get a contact job overseas or just plain retire as soon as I can and hopefully that will be way before 50.