Thread: AF to airlines
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Cajun
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Hello all...first time posting, and thought this AF to Airlines was a good place to start...

I have read several posts about availability dates, and the fact that one might not get a call to interview outside of 4-6 months from advertised availability date. I have exactly one year left on my AD commitment, so with terminal leave, etc., I am looking at mid Jan 2017. I am also applying to Palace Chase, and have been talking with several Guard and Reserve units, with decent prospects of getting on as a part timer...

I was wondering about what I should post as an availability date on the application websites, since I am putting in the Palace Chase application next month, and "could" be released as early as a few months later. Would it be frowned upon if I put an availability date in the fall, and (hopefully) get an interview...and then NOT be able to get out until Jan '17? I recently completed my ATP, and the FAA examiner (777 Captain with a Major) suggested that I list my availability as early as i "think might be possible..." Just wanted to get a second (or multiple) opinions from the experienced guys on this site...

As with everyone on here, I am hoping to have my ducks in a row before exiting active duty. Not opposed to doing some time at the regionals, but would obviously like to increase my chances of getting hired at a legacy sooner, if at all possible.

My info:
Approx 1600 TT (all 2-engine fighter time);
Currently flying - IP
ATP complete;
master's degree;
squadron commander;
Interview prep with EC

My sincere thanks for the help (and humor) that many of you have already provided as I read your posts!