View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

I always found his seminars bordered on robbery. The guy is a genuine $$$$ grubber and will sugar coat everything to get that last penny from you. When I went to his seminars, they were like attending the first day of groundschool for a private license. ie "This instrument is called an altimeter". "Does anyone here in the audience know what an altimeter is for?" "These levers are called throttles, and are used for power applications", etc...... Totally bogus stuff unless you're in your first 40 hours of flying. When you'd call his "interview help line", they'd get your credit card number, charge you and then play the "have you read everything about the company yet?" "After you've read everything you can, then give us a call and we'll go from there". "You have 45 minutes left of your interview help time remaining". If you asked them about the interview process of a certain airline, they'd play "dumb" and say they didn't have that info. Totally bogus in my opinion. After subscribing for one year, I realized that it was a moneymaking machine for Kit. The seminars usually ended with a few recruiters showing up, but many of the major players never seemed to quite make it for some reason or another. Lot of commuter reps and freight reps (one or two aircraft companies looking for one or two pilots), but the bigboys seemed to be on to his schtick. Maybe others have had better luck. I'd bypass the seminars unless you feel you really need it and just attend the recruiting session. Bring plenty of resumes, DRESS SHARP, and be on your best behavior. JMHO Good luck in your endeavors.