Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Falconjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: FedEx

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
I'm pretty sure the LOA was drafted in large part by a team of very highly paid lawyers, each of whom graduated top of the class from Harvard or Yale and was Editor in Chief of one publication or the other. FedEx has a formidable team working for it. Do not be lulled into thinking otherwise.

The MEC (and the entire pilot group) is lucky to have Tony, who, for all intents and purposes, thinks and behaves like a good lawyer. His analytical and critical planning skills are far superior to any law review student I've ever taught and mentored.

I'll continue to observe the situation from APC and other avenues. Makes for a wonderful learning opportunity with the interplay of contract law, labor law, international law, tax law and perhaps even human rights law.
Well obviously subtlety over the internet doesn't work as nobody seemed to get my point. The point I was trying to make was that the old Tony would offer his opinion on things without fear of being held to some boogie man standard by the union lawyers. I for one am able to differentiate between his personal views and the "official" views of the MEC and block reps. I don't always agree with Tony but I like to hear his views on things. Now it appears that we either won't get to hear his views or will only get them through some kind of quasi-lawyer filter from ALPA.

It is too much like the pro athlete or politician up in front of the cameras saying they won't answer a question because their lawyer won't let them.

It would be nice if Tony could still offer his personal views on this forum seeing as it is an independent, fairly anonymous website, not an official ALPA venue.

FJ