Thread: AF to airlines
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 03:22 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by rekatron View Post
Just to pile on with Cajun's availability date question, how firm does that date need to be? I'm coming up on a second look for O-4, and by the regs, I can separate after notification (Oct), but I'm worried that if they unexpectedly pick me up or stop-loss me, I'll have to renege on that date, which might look pretty bad to a potential airline.
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
I recently completed my ATP, and the FAA examiner (777 Captain with a Major) suggested that I list my availability as early as i "think might be possible..."
My two cents. Albie's might vary.

Put the first date you may be available, even if things may not work out that way. I've found that airline hiring teams are reasonable people and they're usually accommodating to the needs of the military.

If you get to an interview before October, clearly explain your situation to them. Even so, it may be up to a year before you get into a class and are officially hired, or it could be the week after. You never know.

If anything, it shows your intent and desire to work for company XYZ. Just DO NOT lie to them.