View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Low & Slow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: sitting
Default UAL new-hire profile

It sure seems that UAL is going to great lengths to do psych screening and profile alignment for potential candidates before the first face-to-face interview.

Maybe the UAL new hires will need to fit that very "special" psych profile and are just "happy to be here" despite having industry low wages, benefits, and work rules. More importantly, if you can screen out those who would fight for a better contract in favor of those who settle for scraps pilots, that one less sub-group to appease.

Applying at UAL to begin with casts questions on an applicants judgment (a company low in all areas relative to peers), or they haven't heard about the pilot labor/management war going on there. New hires WILL be asked to fight within the next year. Question is are you on labors side or are you a good company man. Unfortunately, if you make it through the screening, the answer is not hard to guess.

This was forwarded to me from another board regarding the UAL new hire process:

OK. So my buddy has made it to....another battery of Psych tests. Let's recap the process:

1. Submit app.
2. Get email saying you've moved on to the next step.
3. Get 250 Psych test from Hogan associates.
4. Get email saying call us so we can setup phone interview.
5. My friend calls, so he can find when they are going to call him back.
6. Does Phone interview.
7. Gets email stating he has to go to "Some learning/testing center" to take more tests (Buddy finds out it is more psych tests).

I am having trouble why, there has been no face to face yet. It would seem to me that we do not have room to be super picky since we need pilots so bad. Hopefully, after this next round of testing he'll get an actual interview.