Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by DreFlyer View Post
That seems to be a good program for me since I'll more than likely have at least 1000 TT by the time I'm done with my current employment obligation and ready to move on to AMF. Do you know by any chance which bases are being used for this program? Also hoping they'll have some short-term housing arrangements there since pilots probably will not be staying there for more than a couple of months while they get up to CA minimum times, right?
Base assignment depends on what aircraft you do your FO time in.

I'm not aware of any housing arrangements that AMF is doing. Most of the folks so far have come in and done their FO flying at the base they will eventually be assigned to as a captain. The ones I have dealt with already were living at their assigned bases. The only exception is a guy currently in training as a metro FO who lives in DFW but may need to do his flying (at least initially) in BUR because, while we have 2 specified metro runs in DFW we currently have no captains to fly them. The captain for one is also in this same class but the FO will be out on the line a few weeks before the captain completes training.

After you reach 1200 hours you will train as a captain in a BE99 and then transition to captain in the aircraft you did your FO flying in after a couple hundred hours.