Gets Weekends Off
toolowterrain
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2013
  • Position
    RJ
Quote: Shame on you. How many years of abuse did it take you to arrive at that conclusion? You have classic Stockholm syndrome and need to evaluate your own role in your present situation.
Not sure where you work or what abuse you have endured, but if AWAC has caused me to have Stockholm syndrome then I wouldn't know what people at other places have, because the 'pain' that I have felt is laughable compared to a 7 year FO at envoy, endeavor, or a GoJet pilot.

By screwed I mean I have been Junior manned/extended 3 or 4 times in the span of 5 years, not been provided positive space when having commuting issues a few times (although no disciplinary action either of course), and been twice rerouted from a nice trip in to crappy overnight for operational reasons. And that is it. I have friends at DAL and UAL that have some worst stories.

You results will vary, but even having sat FO reserve for almost 2 yrs and 5 year upgrade I have NEVER worked a x-mas, thanksgiving, or major holiday, and averaged 13-14 days off with 80-85hrs credit.

I am not special or pretty in any way so if you work at AWAC and you have experienced something far worse, then go back to bidding and working the system 101.

If you don't work at AWAC and you have had worst experiences than me, then sorry I guess?

You see, I wanted to be an airline pilot. And guess what? I did it. If we close shop tomorrow then yes I would open my job search to JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit as place holders till one of the big 3 calls. Would I start over at PSA, RAH, etc? No way. I will gladly walk out of the industry and still die happy. I am not one of those folks who seems to think that they cant do anything in life but fly. Thats why I got a science degree instead.

Cheers.