Old 03-31-2016, 09:43 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by ExAF View Post
Yes, been doing it for years.

Originally Posted by Rooster435 View Post
AF retiree, 5 months on probation, all domestic, and the per diem write off still saved me a few hundred bucks. I used Pro Diem and the difference between what per diem I was paid and what the IRS allows was over $3k so that more than made up for the extra retired pay when it comes to the 2% AGI.
Thanks guys, great info for next year. I'll have to bug Sputnik about how much money he saves on his taxes after he works his magic.

Originally Posted by pilotc90a View Post
Truth! New Years Day, commuting to DTW. Oversold by 58, I was 17 on the list. The gate agent announced they had rolled all non-revs to the next flight. Ten minutes later, they start paging passengers. Made it on.

I wish Travelnet was more transparent, and realistic.
I think the new supersaver fare (or whatever it's called) screws up travelnet as well. These customers don't show up until last minute as HKs on travelnet since they don't have assigned seats until preboarding. Or so I was told by a gate agent when I asked why a very benign looking SAV-ATL flight went from 35+ open seats to 1 after a metric shlt tonne of HKs showed up from nowhere on a Saturday night, after 0 cancellations all day.

And I can see the future. The next guy who posts should get icrew max.

Last edited by MikeF16; 03-31-2016 at 10:11 AM.