View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 11:19 AM
KPer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by ANGFlight81 View Post
This is the first post of yours I really like!

I agree, you want raises, better work rules, etc but you can't look and play the part at work...pathetic
I think everyone just needs to relax a bit. Uniforms change and adapt to the practical work conditions. Military, cops, firemen, doctors and nurses are a few examples. George Washington's soldiers had some sweet digs back in the day... as did Grant's during the Civil War. NYPD cops back in the 30s and 40s had some of the best looking uniforms a public servant could wear. They figured out that they weren't too practical when chasing a perp down 37th street. Speaking of the 30s and 40s... have a look at some newsreel footage of a ballgame... everyone in their Sunday best. Jackets and fedoras for the mean. Dresses for the ladies.

In the private sector we now have "business casual" and Hawaiian shirt Fridays. Doctors and nurses wear scrubs 24/7. The military, cops and firemen all wear BDU's. The days of the Pan Am Clipper pilot are long gone. They were pretty awesome, but everyone has moved on... not just pilots.

Version 1.0 of the lightweight jacket aint perfect, but it's a nice option to have in the tool kit. Especially for commuters who don't want to have two carry on bags... one roller and one 20lb side of beef/leather jacket.

Clean, pressed and properly fitted shirt/pants, as well as shined shoes and being well groomed are what really make the difference.

Feel free to speak badly about my mother now.