View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 04:17 AM
Son of a beech
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Although being taken over by Flexjet would be an improvement for the Vistajet Europe pilots, I know for a fact that VistaJet is not for sale and that they are expanding their network in the USA in cooperation with Jet Aviation.

The thing with the American pilot union is partially (from what I understood) the reason that FlexJet wants to start in Europe. They have aircraft coming in which they have to place somewhere and while they dont have pilots in the States there are still plenty pilots available in Europe. most of which, especially in central Europe, make less than the US based FlexJet pilots.

As far as the European expansion, this is something that Michael Silvestro said in several interviews in the end of 2015 and the start of 2016, Amongst others here; http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...fett-s-netjets

Would be good to see them join forces with a major European company, but NetJets Europe is not an option, Gamma, is already in bed with Wheels Up and Jet Aviation with VistaJet, so the only one left is TAG Aviation, or buy some small company and/or start for themselves.

but I guess as usual, time will tell.