Thread: Hired
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:37 AM
ali95
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP View Post
While it is possible to build hours without instructing, most airlines look favorably on the instructor ratings. It was mentioned specifically in the Delta information session at WAI last week. If you have those ratings already...

Then you can find a Part 91 operator and fly for them, but it may be less than 100 hours per year. You can tow banners, fly pipeline patrol, fly traffic watch, pull gliders, fly skydivers, or find a job with a charter company in the right seat, assuming you have 500 hours. Additionally, if you are in or around ATL, I know where you can split 100 hours in a C150 with a friend for $7500 wet. You'll each end up with about 90 hours for $3750 each. PM me if interested. You can also buy your own airplane and fly the wings off of it, then dump it when you get the requisite hours. This can be a good deal ASSUMING you get a good one, have an STC for ethanol free auto fuel, and have a bunch of money for gas. The best way to do it is instructing, assuming you have any knack for it or interest in it. If you have a bunch of money, buy an airplane.
I appreciate the advice. I love on the west coast, but thanks anyways

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk