View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
FlyerNY11225

Red face Frighten outt of my wits

Thank you very much for your replies WEACLRS & de727ups.Observing the threads on flightinfo.com there were more Cons than Pros about DCA. And speaking to one of DCA respresentatives they do have a salesman like attitude and I questioned myself if this individual is even a pilot or just a company rep that has a through knowledge of DCA practices but will only tell me what I want to hear.

Also speaking to him he sounded very confident in his explainations in terms of what DCA is all about but one question I''ve ask'd causing him to studder when I ask'd what will really be the cost for the CFI,CFII,MEI & Jet transition.
I mean its a sacrifice that i'm NOW re-thinking of making in terms of taking out a huge loan and taking my CREDIT into account if i were to make such a decision which it will surely have an impact in my life in terms of acquiring things for personal convienance.

There was one post from a DCA student that is currently enrolled said that the instructors attitude are ok but in terms of training material and instructional video's the qaulity are of such low standards a new Plastic model aircraft make the other matierals look as if a DUM truck ran over them a couple of times on I95.

My earlier times of flight training were through an all Aviation College in Alabama it was the cheapest way to learn to fly through the programs they offered. Average maintance on its fleet yet has it own Airport (71J) Blackwell airport 5 miles from (DTH)Donthan i think Comair operates out of there not too sure it was a while back but the moral of this paragraph that it was cheaper and the quality of training were just as much good as either DCA standards but they had better material and with out good working learning marterial is it the students fault that the learning process to catch on maybe somewhat delayed cause of that.

Anyhow the College and its flight department has since closed I believe the cheap cost hurt them in the long run due to rise in Fuel Cost. But they still do offer an good A&P and Avionics program.

I'm still going to attend thertour with a little bit more intell on there operation but would like to know if anyone can suggest other places where you can recommend or suggest I have a look at a place I would really appreciate it. Guys like myself with low time and these corporate and charter operators here in New York would not even Glance at my profile even if i were to waive a $100 infront their face.

I've also heard of some FBO's in the caribbean can be somewhat of a plus in terms of flight training and getting on board as a CFI and even fly Charter doing island hoping building ME time or even TT. Plus doing so, would having island hoping through out the caribbean would that be a plus since it would be considered International flight experience and if so do the regionals of our U.S carriers even care about that.

Sorry for such a Long post but would appreciate your replies.

Just a low time guy trying to get by.

Last edited by FlyerNY11225; 03-07-2006 at 12:23 PM.