View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Landerwood
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by NoHaz View Post
Landerwood --- got some new landerwood shirts and seems like a lower quality fabric compared to shirts from few years ago. Anyone else notice landerwood quality go down?
I am Dan Kohn, the new owner of the Landerwood Shirt label. Joe Claar, Landerwood’s former owner, had a serious illness in 2014, and thankfully he recovered, but he retired and asked me to continue the Landerwood business. Joe’s letter of explanation and gratitude to his customers can be found at https://landerwoodshirts.com/letterpage.htm
My company, Aetna Shirt, was founded in Baltimore in 1916, and since then has made better quality domestic shirts, with no offshore production or outsourcing
To address the pilot’s comment about the fabric issue, Aetna has not changed fabric to save money. We use the same fabric and supplier today that Joe used for the past decade. However, in recent years, global cotton shortages forced prices to soar. and Some suppliers had to change sources, so fabric from the same supplier may have varied in quality, and my costs increased rather than decreased.
At times Joe used offshore factories, so it is difficult to know the origin of the shirt with which the pilot had loose thread issues. If we hear of quality or other issues, we do our best to resolve them.
I am a retired physician, and my staff and I are proud to serve the pilot community. We try to accommodate requests for special features, and we stand behind the quality of our shirts. Chris Raivel is responsible for everything Landerwood, and she or I are available to address any concerns that arise. Thank you.
Dan Kohn