Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 06:41 PM
tyler durden
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by 9easy View Post

There are 2-4 year captains I fly with that make way more than many senior FO's at DL and WN I know.

It's all about what's important to you, and not everyone has a major blowing up their emails yet with job offers.. although that may be changing next year and I think the company has this in mind with their current/new stance towards negotiations.
First of all, I would not hold my breath on company negotiations and their 'new stance'. It's still the same guy, he hasn't changed his stance, believe me. They have yet to hammer out items affecting scheduling, work rules and 'soft costs'. Unless the Teamsters get REALLY flexible, I fear common ground may be hard to come by. JMO

As for 'senior Delta and Southwest FO's', not sure who you're referring to, but the guys I know (both Delta and Southwest) make far more than our most senior captains, even check airman. retirement, soft costs, duty rigs, Per diem, flexibility, medical, no comparison. It's no secret that Senior Southwest FO's have made in excess of $300,000. They easily make $180k - $200k. Wide body senior DL FOs ($185/Hr) make low 200s without breaking a sweat. I'm a senior captain and can't make that.

Last edited by tyler durden; 04-05-2016 at 06:55 PM.