View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 06:31 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Corrosion corner, so to speak, is NOT gone. You can paint a turd gold but its still a turd! Given they cleaned up the place a bit, which I think sucks, it was awesome back in the day if you loved old airplanes but, the place still has remnants of its past. Trust me, there will always be a dark seedy element there in Mijami. Pilots will walk over each others dead bodies. You should have been down there during the Eastern strike.

Now places like Millon and Arrow and Fine are gone but you still have; Centurion/Slylease, WGA, World Atlantic, Amerijet and Florida West.

The circus is still in town just a better tent and different clowns.

Be careful my Atlas friends, there are maqaques hiding in the trees that will attack for the chance to fly for Atlas. Strike breaking in MIA is legendary.
Even if all those you’ve taken liberty to paint with the same brush could replace 800 crews working the DHL system, which of course they can’t, your charges are baseless and low. Atlas received 4 76 freighters from ABX last year. The pilots are NOT to blame. Trippe, Rickenbacker, Baker; these were tough MIA guys who fathered an airline culture not yet surpassed. They were also, by any account, hard nose businessmen with whom pilots did not always see eye to eye. While not forgetting the past, don’t reinvent it either.