Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Crjreg007
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by sweetholyjesus View Post
I read every word but I still don't see your point. To have a unionized pilot group and only give money to probie new-hires takes money from the union pilots. Not that being part of a union means much these days.

How much money are you leaving at the table? Food for thought:
Endeavor bonus- $23,000 x 1546 pilots = $35.5mil/yr paid by company
PSA would-be retention bonus- $15,000 x 1195 pilots = $17.9mil/yr
PSA current bonus- assume you hire 400 experienced pilots this year.
400 x $15,000 = $6mil (not per year, one time cost). That's potentially $12mil instantly lost, in this example..

If little-old Endeavor can afford it I'm sure the mighty AA could, if they wanted to. But they don't even have to try with people thinking the way you do. So much money left on the table, but you're OK with it because "everybody wins". I see only one clear winner here.. Movement and growth should not be worth your paycheck. Again, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure this is a beaten twice-dead zombie horse..

Also interesting how they can afford to pay bonuses to newhires right after they got everyone else to take concessions. Now you know where your lost wages are going.
Also the company is already giving money to newbies with out giving money to the union paying pilots and they can keep doing that. People with your thinking are the ones hurting PSA. You want more with the no motivation for the company to pay you more. If the company gives a bonus or pay raise to all pilots will it keep captains from flowing of taking better offers from Delta or United? Very few people a year plus are leaving for others like Endeavor. If giving money to these people doesn't change any thing there is no motivation and a bad business move to do so. So keep thinking well get more but until pilots start leaving well only stagnate with reserve time and flow times getting longer.