Old 04-09-2016, 03:19 PM
grim04
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
I got past the first step of JetBlue's ab initio "Gateway Select" pilot training programming.

I knew the program got a lot of hate here ("I would never fly with someone who came from this program.") when it was first announced, so thought you all would be interested to put a virtual face to it!

I went to a good 4 year college, and currently work in a well compensated technology-oriented field. But I have always loved aviation, and frequently wonder if I should have focused on that instead.

In college, I took the Navy's ASTB (aviation standardized test) and did very well (think 95th+ percentile good), was accepted into OCS with a pilot slot, but was ultimately told I could not attend due to some unfortunate medical issues. I thought the aviation "bug" in me was put out then, but when I heard about Jetway Select I could not avoid applying to it.

So what does this wise board think? Good idea? Bad idea? Is this the worst thing to happen to piloting in America?

The full email is below.
Absolutely the worst thing that is happening. Will it be worth it to spend all that money to never touch the controls of an airline? We are still trying to get this abysmal program shut down. Hopefully with our new CBA it will address this in some way. maybe anyone that comes through the program gets put on a B scale pay wise at 15$ an hour. That should shut it down. So if you want to gamble go ahead but we will know who the specials are.