Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 06:15 PM
box-hauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: back in the right seat 121

To get back to answering a few questions from pilots......

New pilots are getting a mix of bases. My class was all airbus and it was a mix of bases, the most junior got VDB followed by FLL I believe. We have a mix of CVG, PIT, FLL, PIE. I cannot tell you about the March class as it was all MD80 and not sure of the bases they were awarded.

Phone interview was pretty basic, tell me about yourself, why Allegiant and such. If you google Allegiant interview that gave me a good idea what to expect. They really want you to want to be here. I suggest you say you are willing to move to your base and that if asked you do not say you want to fly for jetblue or spirit. Yeah we all know that everyone has resumes out but they dont want to hear about it. As written at length in this thread some people are not happy with the progress of negotiations, come here with eyes open and I would not expect more than what is currently in the contract (my 2 cents). As a new hire it has been very good so far, everyone is really nice. Training is training and while in training you are not in control of anything, deal with it. Training is not as polished as it could be, we were the first class to do computer based training for indoc and there were a few hiccups (to be expected). I came here because I live close to a base I could hold as a new hire and they have a base that I can hold when I kids go to college. My life decisions are very different than yours. Learn what you can about the place, take a interview if offered for nothing else than to practice in case United/delta/AA calls. Worst case they offer you a job, you take it, get a airbus type and then go to where you want to be.