View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by fishforfun View Post
Pretty sure the organizations are ok with our "involvement." It's a mutual understanding, I pay my fee, they gladly accept and provide scholarships and whatever else to their minotity group with my fee. It's a win win for everyone. I think you need to take a look at those complaining about their conference being inundated with white males. Just follow the $s. I spoke with a recruiter recently from Delta and he said they collected over 1500 resumes. At a very conservative amount WAI collected $330,000 from white males in attendance fees. I'm not complaining about it, that's good for them. But don't get your panties in a bunch about seeing the mass amounts of guys at these when it is "your" organization that has allowed them in, and it's obvious why.
I'm sure these organizations are just fine with the involvement. If they weren't, they would limit attendance. It sounds like they should limit it far more, so people have greater access. I can understand why a woman attending would be annoyed at having hordes of men there. They don't collect the money, it is the organization. Having thousands of men there where there weren't before does not benefit them. Perhaps WAI enjoys having the larger membership, bigger conventions, and the increased power that money brings. I have no idea, I have no involvement.

But you still haven't answered my question. What is your resentment about? That is, if you have it.

And you must not be talking about me having my panties in a bunch, I go commando. And I will never look for another job. If the one I have disappears, I will happily retire.