Old 04-11-2016, 07:09 AM
GuppyPuppy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft

Originally Posted by Broncofan View Post
I agree with you actually, i honestly don't think experience will matter that will happen your first few hundred hours at the airline, however I can guarantee people will look at you differently, almost scab like, and your career will suffer for it in my opinion. Your absolutely right though the regional, majors, military, everyone is guilty of putting people with 250 hours of flight time in very complex aircraft and have turned out alright. It's the moral of whether you want to be a part of degrading what we have worked hard for.
Funny.....I must say that I still look at the females/minorities in the 47+ age range at United and can't help but think they were low-time hires. I know several there. Not necessarily fair to them...I flew with some who weren't inexperienced.

You can't teach experience. United got away with it (mostly). Jetblue? Not sure. I know I'd rather have an experienced first officer in the the right seat than someone who goes through this program. Probably fine at pushing buttons in the right order. Anything out of the ordinary? I hope it won't be a single-pilot operation.

GP