Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
jumpseatguru
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The big question is how much time do you currently have? We have two FO tracks that we can put people through; E120 FOs and "time builder" FOs. Both pay the same. The primary difference for the FO coming in is that we tend to use the E120 slots for slightly lower time pilots. The reason is we figure they will be in those positions a bit longer which is good for us since those FOs are actually required to operate the aircraft. The other FO positions we like folks with more time coming in so they spend minimal time in the position before we can move them to the left seat of something like a BE99. Think of it as we are paying you to get the rest of your flight time to reach part 135 minimums, so we don't want to do that any longer than absolutely necessary.

The downside to this for pilots looking to come here is we only have a limited number of E120 slots, since we only have 10 aircraft at present. For the other FO slots, since we can put the pilot in any of our other aircraft, we have more opportunities. But, as I said, we like to have folks that are closer to 135 mins coming in for those positions.

Both positions pay the same and the chart here on APC is accurate to our current pay scale.
I don't have the part 135 mins yet should have 300 tt by mid summer, the time builder program you discuss, what hours would I need to apply for that ? Thanks