View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Bombinha
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B737 CA
Default Could anyone at Allegiant help

Can anyone at Allegiant help?
I don't have a clue who SB is, nor if she was the one who declined my resume.
I am a B744 captain for Kalitta Air and we are also in contract negotiations as you are, we also have our issues (what airline doesn't), we are also part of same local with Teamsters union.
But i am trying to get more benefits and spend more time home. Allegiant flies passengers so you guys probably have zed fare or similar. I am trying to stay home more often due problems with 1 of my kids. You guys also are upgrading really fast.
I flew B747 (yes steam gauges one) and other steam gauges planes for about half of my career (so I will be ok if i get either MD80 or the Bus). Your upgrade is really fast and your second year captain actually pays more than 12 years at Kalitta (i can't understand why they don't check ailinepilotcentral.com).
So i can easily afford 1st year pay and hold on second year till upgrade. Also your most jr base its PIE and guess what i am 10 min from PIE airport. Your most Jr plane its the MD80 (and I'll be glad to bid on it). I have over 13k hours total tons of turbine time and 747 PIC time.
Now can someone believe my resume was declined?
I don't know what someone at Allegiant saw on my resume that decided to do this. Maybe he/she thought I am overqualified but, hello, you guys are paying on 2nd year better than I am making here after almost 12 years. You only have 1 day off less than I do, but you guys spend many more days at home than I do.
So if someone could get me the chief pilot email and name please allowing me to send him my resume and a cover letter explaining why I wanna make this move and see if at least I get a fair shake to be in an interview. I don't believe (on current pilot market) you guys can afford declining highly experienced pilot, who live at the base, and is very stable on past jobs to prove it and with tons of PIC experience.
Thanks in advance for the help guys