Thread: ABX Air Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Jason605
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: Enjoying the show

Originally Posted by Kougarok View Post
In order for ABX to start new hires at second year pay it would have to have Union approval.

The ABX pilot group is relatively old. Median age is somewhere in the late 50's.
If you're under 35 and get hired in the first group you'll be number one on the seniority list eventually. If they hire like Moto thinks you'll be off reserve within a year and probably captain in 5 years. I don't have a crystal ball so these are just educated guesses.

We have pretty good work rules. The ABX pilot group is what the Navy calls plank owners. We are the pilot group that started Teamsters local 1224.
Thank you for that. I hate to bother you, but just a couple of more questions. I live in South Florida, do you know if the chances of being based in MIA would be good, bad, or 50/50 chance if I went into this May class.

Has there been any hint to what monthly bids would look like? Commutable trips if not living in base? Do you have a lot of commuters now? What are lines like now? 3-4 days on 3-4 days off, etc...?