View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 10:12 PM
CousinEddie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Um, ok, I'll bite. Firstly, NAI is not the only company taking advantage of loop holes or perhaps you have not been watching the news lately, Panama Papers, John Cameron anyone???

Secondly, you do realize that Pan Am, TWA and Later, Delta, all had intra European hubs back in the day AND tons of 3/4/5th freedom rights.

The REAL reason the U.S. carriers want to fight NAI AND the Middle East carriers is because of competition-period! The hypocrisy astounds me.

See back in the day the U.S. carriers were great and the foreign carriers, not so much but that changed. The U.S. carriers are atrocious and the foreign carriers are far better. Ex; CX is far better to fly on than UAL to Hong Kong. BA is better to London than just about anyone else.

NAI will bring competition and that means lower prices which means less ability to GAUGE their customers as the U.S. carriers do.

They tried to kill SWA back in the early 70s but SWA revolutionized the airline industry.

NAI is the new Uber. Let them come. Beat them at their own game I say.

Rant finished.
What was it that Warren Buffet said about the US airline industry? Something about if a capitalist had been present at Kitty Hawk, he would have shot the Wright Brothers down?

Even after this short period of relative prosperity (helped considerably by low fuel), the US airline industry has still lost far more money over its history than it has ever earned. What has been considered decent profit margins during good times in this industry would be viewed as unacceptable in most others.

Does that sound like an industry that has been gouging its customers, as you contend?

If you are backed by the Treasurey of your home country that has launched a Manhattan type of project in an attempt to diversify the economy, then it is no wonder that you can offer more for less.

And Jennifer Anniston can have her mile high shower.