View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 08:10 AM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by Papoo View Post
They are the most profitable (for now), and that is a good thing. But, let's not be hypocritical about how they got there. They wouldn't exist in many other parts of the world.

Perhaps the service gap will widen or close. Use that to tackle the problem, instead of crying foul.

As for me, I have 5 years in the airline industry, this year I'll average at least $15,000 after tax each month, working 12-14 days a month, have never earned less than $100,000 a year since my short stint as an instructor, and I never had to suffer the indignity of the US 'ladder climbing' in the hope of a livable job. So no, you won't hear me complaining.

But, thanks for bringing me into it.

NAI and its conditions suck. I wish the best for everyone in the industry, no more so than in the biggest aviation market in the world, the US. There may well be a global race to the bottom in progress, but it's going to be hard to stop on the basis of falsely claiming rules are being broken.

My point is that nothing illegal is going on with NAI. Rules vary between countries, and companies exploit where they can. If the US carriers could exploit loopholes elsewhere, they would. Stop crying foul and let the market speak. When it speaks, adapt to it.
Even in the US we have pilots willing to work for a lot less than you...

What you espouse will catch up to you eventually as well. For many years I knew pilots flying at ATLAS for 18 days on the road (every month) as 747 captains making less than a SWA 737 FO!

Nothing is static and the labor market won't suffer in a big event, it will be a generation of little cuts like this development that will really effect the future viability of pilot as a career.