Old 04-16-2016, 09:25 PM
grim04
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by UpAndAway View Post
No one has said experience shouldn't matter and no one has proposed that question except you, for obvious reasons. It is, however, reasonable for someone to go into the right seat after a rigorous and airline focused training program, with the guidance and leadership of an experienced Captain. Many global, established airlines with excellent safety ratings seem to think so.

There mere existence of the Regionals proves this as they use this exact same model and operate thousands of flights daily, safely.

Where did anyone say a graduate of this program would be comfortable handling all situations? No amount of experience and hours can guarantee that. Why is it acceptable to spend the same amount of money and become a FO on a CRJ but not an E190? Same airspace, same airports, same responsibilities for human lives.

As someone who truly wants to join the industry, this is probably one of the most disheartening things I've read in a while. Focus your anger and frustration at airline Management who greedily created this horrible system (have you seen their salaries recently?), not those trying to be a part of change.

I could care less if you want to be a part of this industry. My a get is to you and every other person that thinks this short cut is a good thing for the industry. You will not have enough experience to perform at a high level if something goes wrong. These so called "airlines " around the world ha e regional they put their pilots in and they work there way up. Cathays pacific has a cadet program and those cadets do not touch the controls. Asiana has the type of system you so desire and you see what happened to their SFO flight when the tried to do a basic visual landing. This program stinks and I'm sorry your feelings are hurt but that's nothing compared to how bad they will if you actually try and go through the program.

Last edited by grim04; 04-16-2016 at 09:43 PM.