Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:03 AM
Stok1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by wette460 View Post
Could anybody humor me with the answer regarding upgrade times in the 80 versus the AB at SFB? I have family in the Orlando area and would be moving there if hired. Thanks.
If Orlando is your goal and you’re north of say 35 years old, you might stand a good chance of scoring an Airbus out of indoc. Although I hear the next class coming up will be all MD80s like the current one is, ouch. Come hear and maybe score a Bus type and sell it to JetBlue or Frontier, both have solid contracts and an MCO base. Spirit has a contract and at least an FLL base. All of these carriers can put you in Florida and generally have a pretty good east coast presence. If you didn't get MCO or FLL commuting is doable; I believe Frontier has a long call reserve provision in their contract. Something that will never happen at Allegiant.

If you come here now you will indeed be on the wrong side of this wave. Being perpetually junior and yanked all over florida by screw services, not being home almost every night. Could get worse, Allegiant is currently under certificate review by the FAA for obvious reasons. If they uncover criminally falsified stuff and other forms of malpractice, which is possible at G4 and the media keeps turning up the heat. Allegiant will be facing what happened to the training department a couple of years ago; it got shut down for a couple of months. That happens and you are new on property, look out below.